Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The Grocery Errand.

So, Mom sent me into Wal-Mart the other day. She wanted me to get some milk. She gave me the money, I walked inside, went to the back corner of Wal-Mart, and grabbed the milk. I was on my way to the check out and I saw a large group of employees talking. I waited, waited, and waited, but nobody really helped me. I went to the self check out since nobody would help me. Apparently, 12 year olds are not recognized at Wal-Mart. I scanned the milk, put it in the bag, and tried to pay. I put in two dollars and it said to deposit five more cents. I put in the nickel and to my surprise it still said I needed to pay five more cents. I decided to put another nickel in upon the machine's request, and then I went to the employee that was supervising the self checkout. I said, "It told me to put in five more cents, so I did, and then it ate my nickels." She came over, pulled out the receipt, and she found a quarter in the change return area. Instead of giving it to me, she put it back into the machine. I walked out of the store to see Mom staring at me smiling.

No comments: