Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Dentist.

Yesterday, I went to the dentist. No cavities, twelve years and counting with none! (go David, it's your birthday) I am so glad because I would rather not have anyone drill a hole in my head. I do have a short story about how badly a tooth extraction can feel.

Long ago, I was eating corn on the cob while my front tooth was loose. A piece of corn was shoved into my gum without my knowledge, of course. Later I discovered that the gum above my tooth was HUGE and secreting some sort of nastiness. Once I arrived at the dentist, he shoved a needle in my big bulge and numbed me for the tooth pulling about to occur. Then out came the pliers (just kidding). They were pulling and pulling and I remember screaming very loudly! I was actually screaming so desperately, I was even covering my ears.

This is a reason the dentist's office is not my happy place.

David's Final Thought:

Be careful with those corn husks, people!

No comments: